Ok..seems to be generating a ton of responses. On the remissive version I've seen tons of grreat stuff.
On the progressive, things are still tough. What i'm about to say needs to be understood it was done under medical supervision.
Mom and Step Dad tried an electrical shock thing..(prescribed by Dr.) No luck
Tried some medications but since it was progressive the meds didn't help for long.
BTW Step Dad had many years after being diagnosed.
Depending which body parts it (actually brain areas) it starts in determines which parts you have trouble moving first.
MS in the basics is a breakdown of the coating over the nerves in the brain. The lack of coating keeps the electrical impluse generated by the brain from getting to the body part desired.
Mom and Step Dad saw a show one night, researched it in the newspapers etc and called the person in the show directly. The show explained how honey bee venom (when you get stung) has a chemical in it that reestablished the nerve coating temporarily. Living on a farm and Mom being a registered nurse they consulted Dr'* etc. The medical community in our country can not currently use bee venom as a form us treatment due to the number of people fatally allergic to bee venom. For a treatment to be approved there are specific fatallity numbers to be within.
With that said, armed with a bee sting kit (buy at most drug stores) and a journal, they started in small slow doses. The results are tough to believe, within 15 minutes of being stung Step Dad who had no right hand control was able to regain near full control and movement.
The tough part. Currently no one sells bee venom or any version of the chemical in it. The method of gathering it was to get a bee hive.. walk up to the hive and kneel next to it. Have an old rinsed pickle jar w/holes in the top and some paper and honey in it and tweezers in your hand. (tip..Do not wear dark colors) As a bee lands or is about to leave the hive grab him by the wings or gently around the body and put him in the jar.. (yes..I've got skill
) Once you've gathered a day or two worth go inside..
Bees calm in darkness or drop them in the fridge for 30 seconds..the cold slows them down.
Now..have a spray bottle of water handy(they can't fly w/wet wings) ice the area where you are going to sting the person. Once numb open jar and grab one bee. Again remembering a dead bee can't sting. Apply the bee'* rear to the area to sting and upset the bee..(it'* pretty easy actually). Hold bee while stinging and a moment later to drain all venom possible. Pull bee off and leave stinger in for about 2 minutes to drain venom.
Discard bee outside (it'* got a short lifespan now)
Each person should find their own level of venom needed. I can say a 6'2" 200lbs man used about 6-8 bees every other day.
Again..I am not saying try this... It may be something to consider researching though. I beleive the show was about a Rhode Island woman.. sorry I no longer have the journals or information.