Yesterday Janet was on the hunt for a new dining room light fixture. She has some ideas and hopefully we'll narrow things down soon. Although it'* not really horribly dim with the open floor plan, we will want better lighting.
Last night.. I meant to take pictures and ran out of time. Mike had come in during the day and finished off all the sheetrocking, put up the corner beads and made the sofet that will be over the new cabinet. :Thumbs This left little for me to do. I headed to Home Depot for a couple buckets of joint compound, two gallons of ceiling paint and more plastic and edging tape. Got the plastic up and scraped the texture off the ceilings in kitchen/dining room.
Today I'll give Derek a call, he'll be doing all the joint compound/sanding to finish up the walls.
There'* a list of things left to do:
1. Order the HDMI wall plates, when the moulding is pulled to install the floor, the cable will be run into the wall like the other rooms. Later down the road when it'* time for a new TV, I'll extend wires into the wall to be up behind the TV mount like the other rooms. :Thumbs
2. Pick up more laminate flooring After the dining room decision we probably need 3-4 more boxes. Costco didn't have more laminate flooring in the right color last night.
Luckily they'll be getting a shipment in the next week. After the dining room decision we probably need 3-4 more boxes. The nice thing about such a large area is that there will be fewer cuts and it should move very fast.
3. Purchase and stain pantry cabinet. Hoping to pick it up before Saturday for Randman Consulting Services LLC to check out and make staining suggestions for matching to the existing cabinets.
4. Take up dining room/kitchen/living room floors.
5. Paint, hopefully we can touch up/match the existing color and not redo the entire room/hallway/stairway at this point.
6. Build island and relocate heater into it. Putting in electrical, having a two level for an eating area with a couple stools. Figure out counter top for island.
7. Reverse fridge doors and fix broken water line to ice maker. It was beautiful when it broke and started spewing water across the floor. Down the road, I really want a fridge with crushed ice/water on the door. Not sure why, always wanted it though. So ... somewhere in the future is a newer fridge that matches the rest of the appliances (white).
8. Get large area rug for living room. Costco has some amazing looking rugs at good prices. (yes..I do get a rebate on total purchases
9. New lights for dining room/living room.
10. Put recessed lighting into kitchen on a dimmer. I ran the wire for this and left an opening in the switch box when I was doing the electrical.
After all that ...I'm sure there will be decorating, new curtains and all that stuff that I consider to be Janet'* department. I'm happy to do the work, just don't ask me to pick stuff out. I'd probably hang engine parts on the walls as decoration.