I know that some of you will be thinking this is something gross, well it is not. Today is the final day of Jessica'* hockey school, and well I dropped her off and another one of her team mates off at the arena and I had to get gas. I gut gas is Bone Evil and headed back to the arena, and when I walked in the building smelled awful. I got an instant headache, but the little cafe inside the building is doing some remodelling so I thought it was just the paint, and once I was inside the ice rink itself it was fine. On the ice were the younger kids, Jessica was standing outside the change room with half her gear on, and people are all chatting. Next thing we know, the fire alarm goes off, and people start to panic. Jessica has half her gear on, plus her skates, no time to get her shoes or anything else. The rest of the team is at the other end of the building, (she can't dress with the boys), and they too are half dresses, some at this point only have their jocks and socks on. It was a full on natural gas leak!
There was a woman who has three kids, two were on the ice at the time and one is a baby, so I took the baby outside, and herded the kids together. Some stupid people, had the kids who had their skates on crawl to the doors, then they crowded around the doors. They were told to move and they said that the kids had their skates on......Let'* see, a four dollar skate sharpening bill, or if the building blows up your kid is dead, tough choice!
It was a bit of excitment, nothing major. Jessica'* team missed their ice time, but they have another one tonight. Oh and I should mention that right then God had a bit a sense of humour, because it has not rained all week, and as the kids were outside with no shoes on, it rained