Straight from the FSM:
CAUTION: The internal permanent magnets used in the windshield wiper motor are a ceramic (glass-like) material. Care must be exercised in handling the windshield wiper motor to avoid damaging the magnets. The windshield wiper motor must not be struck or tapped with a hammer or other object.
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect battery ground cable (14301) .
2. Remove rear hood seal. Remove windshield wiper pivot arms.
3. Remove cowl vent screens. Disconnect window washer hoses from windshield washer nozzle jet and brackets.
4. Remove cowl top extension retaining bolts and lift cowl top extension out. Disconnect window washer hose .
5. Disconnect electrical connectors from windshield wiper motor .
6. Unsnap and remove windshield wiper motor and linkage cover (17C569) .
7. Remove windshield wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft retaining clip from windshield wiper motor operating arm by lifting locking tab and pulling clip away from pin.
8. Remove windshield wiper motor retaining screws and remove windshield wiper motor .
9. To install, reverse Removal procedure.
1996 SSEi 128,XXX Alpine CDA-9813, Rockford Fosgate 2x Power 5.25, 2x Punch 6x9, 2x sealed 10" P2, Kenwood 4CH amp for speakers, Power Acoustik 2CH amp for subs, Gutted airbox hiding a K&N cone filter
1993 SLE 147,XXX rough condition, planning to breathe some new life into it