Check out the new Cobalt SS. This time, it'* turbocharged....
2008 CHEVROLET COBALT SS FAST FACTS
* Engineered and developed by GM Performance Division
* 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged and intercooled engine with 260 horsepower (194 kW)
* GM Powertrain Sweden five-speed transmission with short-throw shifter
* Nürburgring-tuned FE5 Sport suspension delivers 0.9 g grip
* Brembo fixed-caliper front discs and vented rear disc brakes
* SS-specific appearance with unique fascias and rear spoiler – including available high wing
* 18-inch high-polished forged aluminum wheels and Y-rated performance tires
* SS-specific interior with new sport seats, A-pillar boost gauge and more
* On sale: second quarter of 2008
I'm mad that they're nixing the supercharger, but you can't argue with 260 horsepower. I'd like to see what the torque curve is and what the driving dynamics are before voicing an opinion.