I have a good local buddy here that is a freaking guru and builds the fastest / quietest rigs I have ever seen and he just parted out a rig abnd has the mobo / cpu remaining plus a a 500 watt P.*.
This rig was a screamer when it was assembled for a few months maybe..
Retail Aopen i975Xa-YDG motherboard
- Stock Aopen HSF included
- Remote control
- External SATA port w/ power and cables
- Optical in/out
- Gigabit LAN
- Latest BIOS with support for Merom (mobile Core 2 Duo)
- Northbridge cooler upgraded to a Thermaltake Spirit II (original included)
Retail Intel Core Duo T2400 1.83Ghz CPU overclocked to 2.73GHz 100% stable on stock voltage
- Drops down to as low as 0.95v and 800Mhz when idle
- 3-year warranty
- Technical Note: Core Duo is essentially the same as Core 2 Duo, but was only made in a mobile version and lacks SSE4 and EMT64 instructions.
This setup out-performs every e6600 C2D socket 775 rig I've built so far, even when the C2D is clock 400MHz+ higher on a i975 motherboard! I don't know why, but it'* true!
Ultra X-Finity (titanium/silver) 500-watt power supply with flex force cables
Entire rig consumes under 78 watts for general computing!!! (7600GS that was part of the bundle has been sold)
$480 + FedEx Ground, insured, Signature Required
I can get a few $$ knocked off that yet for the BC crew..
EDIT : $440 SHIPPED AND INSURED VIA FEDEX / UPS for MOBO / CPU / P.*. ..I sent this to your PM also.
Pics of when the rig was assembled..shows mobo ..N. bridge fan,etc..
Link to price watch on the mobo below.
The n.bridge fan.link..
Link to CPU on newegg...
3DMARK 03 RESULTS when it was mated to a 7900 GTO...
3DMARK 05 with same 7900 GTO...