I'm plannning to build a rice burner. Probably, I'll visit a car auction and buy some really awkward looking car. Then, I'll slap on a bunch of stuff and see if anyone wants to race me as I drive carefully. I don't street race, so it may be an even more enraging car than planned. This depends on the maturity of the surrounding Mustangs.
This plan is great because the budget is ~$100 for the car and some repairs. Here'* my list of stuff I want to do to burn rice with the car, and I'd love it if you guys could help me make it funnier and longer. Also, please let me know how to improve the list as it goes on to make it even funnier.
• Screw a small park bench onto the trunk lid as a spoiler.
• Put on a Foldgers coffee can, complete with label, as an exhaust tip.
• Slap on random stickers for products that have nothing to do with cars, like Visa, MC, DC, AmEx, etc.
• Make a "keyless entry" system by which I put a slider by the window to unlock the door without a key. :o
• I've seen random gauges in junkyards, and I want to make a huge collection of them all over the cabin. Maybe I'll motorize them to spin whenever the acc power is on.
• KM/h dash! Nohting beats a 0-60 in only first gear!
• No thermostat. It'* actually not for the cool engine but so that I don't have to wonder whether I should buy a new one or hope that one may die open. It'* a rice burner, after all.
• Since I'm already into the KM/h dash, I might as well put on a couple of smaller tires. Junkyard wheels! If I can get steelies to replace aluminum wheels, I can sell the rims to improve the ricer budget, I believe.
• Perhaps I can pick up a larger set of bumpers from another car. It would be even better if the paint was absolutely not the right color.
• Spray-painted black hood with a cutout for a broken-down carburetor that sticks out. I'll affix it to the underside of the hood. The hood should stick up near the hinges at the windshield.
• I can print out and paste on a smaller CC than what the engine really is. Right below it goes some random number followed by HP
I think I've done enough here. Let me know what you think, and please share ideas. I may take this car, which will remain mostly safe, to a drag strip and make some people angry, complete with video documentation.