helpful to me, I did them on my 99 Malibu. I much prefer the 3800 to work on in retrospect. I put 60k on my repair and got rid of the car. I did use the GM gaskets. I also pulled the heads and had them checked for cracks. In hindsight, I probably just would have done a compression check instead of pulling them
I also unbolted and removed the fuel rail, had a hard time getting the fittings to seal up after that. Shoulda just left it floating in there.
Use the RTV only at the corners where intersecting gaskets meet.
Had to SLIGHTLY file the locating pins on the LIM gaskets to get them fit snug into the heads, they wouldnt seal against the intake ports till I did this.
Hope some of this helps, that site was helpful to me also.