2006 was… indescribable…insurmountable… itfull of Bonnevilles, Bonnefests, partying with members literally from coast to coast, moding, fixing, junkyard scavenging… The acts of unselfish kindness, the giving of parts, the bonding of friendships, even the magic of that stupid stuffed animal Barney…Been There, Done That…Got the t-shirt (9 shirts, actually). I didn’t realize how much until I tallied up the numbers:
I’ve traveled 7500 miles going to meets this year…been through 17 states, came within mere miles of 4 others, and even visited another country (okay, it’* Canada). What amazes me most is the number of friends I have met this year…a minimum of 60 members
… and that is not counting friends & family.
Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Montana, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, (came within miles of Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Kansas) Foreign Country: Niagara Falls, Ontario (hey! It counts)
1993SLE, 2000silverbullet, 95seand78z28, 95SLE, Bandit, BillBoost37, bonnie94ssei, BrianJ, Buckwheat, caddymatt, Chadow427, Cheetah, Corvette Crazy, Ditchboy, doppleganger, Drifter420, Driverjohn, Echossei, EdsSled, Elmachogeracho, Fuelforthesoul, Gonneville, Greyhare, Gumball, Handdrumman, Hans, Harofreak, Highlander, JimmyFloyd, JimW, Jwikoff, KatieWren, LilSis, Lime, Lis9400, MarkWB, Maymybonneliveforever, Mopar Man, Mortehl, Peterg22000, PontiacAndrew, PontiacDad, PontiacJess, PontiacMom, Randman1, Rawfusion, RepinS, robert76, rrounds, Slayer636, Sonoma_zr2, sse1990, SSEi04, sseimatt93, Tamara, Technical Ted, ToastedOats, Vigscs, vptruman, Willwren
NEBF April 5-9th
- Met at least 25 members and numerous other friends/family members. Peterg, Lis9400, Bandit, Mortehl, Handdrumman, 1993SLE, Vigscs, 95SLE, ToastedOats, Gumball, Fuelforthesoul, JimmyFloyd, BillBoost, LilSis, Randman1, SSEi04, Elmachogeracho, Ditchboy, Lime, vptruman, bonnie94ssei, 95seand78z28, Highlander, Gonneville, MarkWB. http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...0SingsCountry/
Memories include the being the slow one in the caravan out…famous lineup of 22 cars at the Basketball Hall of Fame….getting lost with Randman1’* wife (a local from the area, no less)…breaking the chair with Amanda… someone stealing Gonneville’* air mattress… Mortel’* NEBF cold (never totally recovered)…scotch and cigars… AJ’* steak…painting my calipers and getting the Zaino treatment (which did last until October!)…the Hurricane…Peterg’* AC compressor crapping out on the I90 Sunday afternoon. Luckily, members were with him with jacks, stands, and tools available. Phone call back to Bonnevilla gave them 5 members talking them through the problem and we Googled the nearest AutoZone, called, and had the part waiting for them. Pete was back on the road in two hours. Amazing.
This is what it'* all about... friends
May 6-7th, 2006 – WNY Mini-meet
! Total Cars for the Weekend: 10 (8 Bonnevilles; 1 Monte Carlo; 1 Chevy Lumina). Total People: 15 - 10 BC Members; 5 Guests :
Rawfusion, Bandit, Corvette Crazy, Brianj, TechnicalTed, Peterg22000, Ditchboy, JimmyFloyd, Lis9400
Peterg came with the Canadian flu, puked in my son’* room and slept ½ the day.
Bandit got new rims…er…sort of… Went to Lake Ontario for some cool car shots...Went to Niagara Falls, Ontario for sightseeing and eating!
May 27th, 2006 – WNY BBQ
– only five members….but good times none-the-less
robert76, bandit , Doppleganger , Ditchboy
June 3, 2006
– Realized how badly I had been bitten by the mod bug when I painted my engine cover and grill inserts instead of cleaning the house…still no chips whatsoever on the grill… that paint is awesome! http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/...ighlight=rainy
June 17, 2006
– BC saves my engine…without BC, I wouldn’t have had the knowledge of UIM and LIM gasket failures…nor would I have looked and found a UIM leak when I mysteriously started losing coolant intermittently. At 59k miles – replaced both upper and lower gaskets…THANK YOU BC!
July 6, 2006 – Rescue on NY’* I-90
– Incredible story how a member (Cheetah) in Alaska called out for help to members in NY at 7:42 pm on a Sunday…his sister and friends (from Michigan) were stranded on the interstate. In a mere 18 mins, Bandit was out the door with Jimmyfloyd close behind. The girl’* were rescued and keep safe and sound, until a parent could arrive the next day for them. The girls were under 21, couldn’t rent a motel, and would have been totally boned had it not been for members of BC…total strangers reaching out across the continent…
July – voted COTM
- what an honor! http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/...ight=july+cotm
July 21 – Aug 2 – The Incredible Cross Country Trek to WCBF!
Willwren, KatieWren, Driverjohn, caddymatt, rrounds, 2000silverbullet, Buckwheat, sseimatt93, Slayer636, greyhare, singscountry, Sonoma_zr2, echossei, Hans, PontiacMom, PontiacDad, PontiacJess, PontiacAndrew, billboost37, sse1990, Cheetah, Chadow427...had lunch with J.Wikoff on the way out and with Harofreak on the way back.
From Connecticut to Oregon…from Alaska to Arizona…members traveled countless miles to get to Albany, Oregon. My group consisted of a Zany Connecticutian (Billboost37), a Crazy Canadian (SSE1990), and me, a displaced southern girl from WNY. We traveled from NY to OR in 2.5 days…a record for most. Stopped in Illinois for lunch with JWikoff on the way there… hey look! CORN!... meeting up with Travis (Sonoma_zr2) in Omaha…ditch-hopping in Nebraska at 4am when the highway shut down due to a hostage situation (GPS saved our butts from a potentially long stop)…pit stop at a national park in Wyoming at daybreak for awesome sunrise shots…meeting up with Hans and Echossei in Twin Falls Idaho exactly 36 hours after leaving NY. Potatoe Pizza…Han’* bag of manure…illegally parking in many places for cool Bonnie shots…Bonneville Dam…the big tent with the secret back entrance…run to the coast…Paul’* flag dance…Pfamily’* steak cookout…StockBob winning at the track…
Playing BC trivia by the fire…Discussions with Matt and Pmom over Semiiii vs Semeee….Bo and Barney… boxing in bad Idaho driver…the ride back from Woodburn…putting my feet in the Pacific Ocean…Travis flipping 250k…no sales tax…receiving one of the sacred Golden Coil awards…awesome poster tribute for July 2006 COTM...driving the Zilla….Lunch with Harofreak in Minnesota…seeing Mount Rushmore (for 30 mins)…”it’* your turn to count the cars”.
Sept 15-16 – Ontario Bonnefest
Gonneville, Mopar Man, Bandit, Singscountry, RepinS, Drifter420, Tamara, JimW, Peterg22000, Maymybonneliveforever, Brianj, Rawfusion
Go-kart racing…Monkey humping… pissing off Wren for calling him from an unknown number…Snacks at the liftbridge…the voice at the bridge…crusin’ down the strip…steak& corn at Brian’*…
Oct 6-7 – NY Bonnefest
at Bandit’* house - Boosty, Sqela, ToastedOats, Singscountry, Bandit, Popatim, CorvetteCrazy, JimmyFloyd, Doppleganger …the new firepit…Playing doctor…rob puking… toasty toasted… drunken calls to Willwren and Gumball… midnight run for Garbage plates … Sqela’* fetish for Barney…
Recently...witnessing the coming together of members to give to others in need... There is so much more I’m leaving out… oh yea! Becoming a moderator (duh!)