Reply to Questions Raised in Replies
1. I'll try to get some pictures - after the rain stops.
2. The body and interior are in very good condition. The leather seats look like new. There are some minor dings and scratches in the paint but no rust. I needed to replace the support lifts for the trunk and I want to add a center brake light - I found one on e-Bay from a 1990 Bonneville that fits like it was made for the 1981. The Bonneville passed the state inspection - and the required emissions test - only requiring new wiper blades and brake cylinders on the rear wheels. I did replace the tires, hoses, and belt on the alternator - I thought that after setting as long as it had that I'd rather replace those items on my schedule than have them fail somewhere along the road. Considering the price I paid for the car ( $ 150 ), I thought that I could invest some money in making it road worthy.
3. My day-to-day car for driving to work, etc. is my Prius but the Bonneville is a fun car to drive on weekends. The seats and ride are very comfortable with plenty of space. It'* undoubtedly the biggest sedan I've driven since I drove my parents' 1964 Galaxy 500.
4. Major project is to clean the engine and the engine compartment. The car was stored in a garage for the last 2 years and a mouse - or family of mice - had made themselves comfortable in the underhood insulation. Minor projects include replacing the windshield wiper motor (the wipers don't always turn off completely) and replacing the oil pressure gauge. I'm also thinking of installing a hidden radio / CD player for better music quality.
5. Spring Grove is about 25 miles east of Gettysburg and about 60 miles north of Baltimore MD - in south-central PA.