My first car was a 93 Bonny SLE, Loved it to death, literally, I went through 3 transmissions in almost 200K mi.
Getting ready to buy a 2000 SSE from my dad, wantedto know what you all thought of the deal...
2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
3.8L Pushrod V6
Dual Zone Climate Controll
New(er) Tires (Goodyear AquaTread'*)
Comes with a YAKIMA Roof bike rack that looks really nice on it.
He bought it new, and It'* been solid as a rock. One accident (rear end), completely fixed up, with no lingering effects.
Only known problems:
1. Traction Controll isn't working (may be an easy fix, it'* a newer problem)
2. ABS goes in and out (Light is on sometimes, and off others... Not a false indicator, but I actually prefer not to have ABS, I guess I'm just old school like that)
(1 and 2 are definitly related)
3. Backlight on Raidio LCD is out
4. Minor cosmetic damage on roof (I pulled into a parking bay with a bike on the roof, popped the rack off... nothing I couldn't fix with a rubber mallet...
5. Gas Gauge no workey... Just use the Trip odometer, and fill up ~every 300 mi.
Grand total: $5000 + tax/title/licence/insurance
The thing that makes this a good deal for me, is that right now I'm unemployed, but my dad owes me about $1500. That will cover my first two payments of $500/mo (to my dad = no interest ) and also all the associated fees with getting insurance and title transfer.
And, I'll have time to find a job before I start making payments.
Also, It'* my dad, so he'* not gonna go crazy if I'm a few days late on a payment or something.
What do you all think??
I'll post this in Genreral chat just in case it will be better recieved there.