It'* not pretty but went with the brake line/epoxy theory. I used 1/4 nickel alloy brake line instead of copper as copper may be affected by the gas I was told. I cleaned the valve plug then drilled the hole open again to be able to insert tightly a 2" piece of the brake line with the flange on one end. I also lightly sanded it along with the surrounding plastic for better adhesion. Then I painted the epoxy on all around hopefully to be airtight. When I inserted the brake line I pushed all the way in then backed out a little for airflow. I hope this works-if after a couple of weeks driving and no codes I'll post back-maybe someone else might want to use this idea. It seems to be a real solid strong fix at this point for about $10 instead of a whole new tank.
Last edited by tuco; 03-17-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Reason: additional info