Before the entire forum lets out another exasperate sigh, it'* not just us this time -- Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, BMW, and GM all purchased these bad airbags. Even some of our beloved and invincible Bonnevilles made this list!
If you drive a car made in the early 2000s, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration wants you to see your dealer -- right now.
The federal agency issued a rare alert Monday, warning that owners of vehicles fitted with airbags made by Takata Corp. should have their vehicles inspected as soon as possible. The airbags could fail to deploy properly, the agency said.
The warning is particularly urgent for owners of vehicles in Florida and Puerto Rico, as well as certain other regions of the Caribbean and South Pacific, because humid weather could aggravate the problem.
The warning affects more than 4.7 million vehicles made by Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, BMW and General Motors. A full list of the affected cars and model years is below.
Affected GM'* are:
- 2002 – 2003 Buick LeSabre
- 2002 – 2003 Buick Rendezvous
- 2002 – 2003 Cadillac DeVille
- 2002 – 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer
- 2002 – 2003 Chevrolet Impala
- 2002 – 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
- 2002 – 2003 Chevrolet Venture
- 2002 – 2003 GMC Envoy
- 2002 – 2003 GMC Envoy XL
- 2002 – 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora
- 2002 – 2003 Oldsmobile Bravada
- 2002 – 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette
- 2002 – 2003 Pontiac Bonneville
- 2002 – 2003 Pontiac Montana
If you have non-GM vehicles or want to learn more, read one of the links below for the full list, or check your VIN at SaferCar.gov
, Hartford Courant