Originally Posted by joe
i dont even have a tranny cooler nuttin 4 me 2 worry bout
The crimp in question can be located thusly:
1. Open the hood (may have to unlock the car and pull the hood release lever first).
2. Get a flashlight (cuz it'* dark out there)
3. Stand in between the front lisence plate and the drivers headlight (yes, that other headlight DOES belong to your passenger, so don't be greedy)
4. Look straight down between the radiator and engine......
5. See those 2 stainless steel lines that are coming forward towards you and turn to the left? See where they have crimps to black rubber hose?
6. Yes, after 3 vicodins, 4 beers, and 2 bloody mary'*, I get really weird.
Anyway, those are the little buggers. There will be no hints. When they go, they go big. And they spray trans fluid on the front exhaust manifold, which is HOT even after only a couple minutes of driving.
1992 was an option year for the aux tranny cooler, all 93-96 SSE and SSEi should have them. Better go look, Joe.