Ok, this thread has been neglected due to SEBF activities and all, so it'* time to fill all y'all in on what'* happened.
Don and I were getting this thing put back together, but one day Don decides to go to the car and do some catch-up work for me (I had a NY work trip to go on). So he is turning the crankshaft by hand when all the sudden....CLANK! Dead stop. Hmm...what the hell is that? Don drops the oil pan, and all is well down there. Puzzled, he puts up for the night and leaves it until I am able to make it there and help. We pick up where he leaves off...not knowing what could be binding the engine up, we proceed to take off EVERYTHING up top and pull the lifters, thinking maybe one would be causing a valvestrike or something. NOPE. So we left it until Boosty and Pat showed up.
That morning all of us set out to the local JY'* and got back to wrenching on it that afternoon. Bill has never seen anything like this, so even he is at a loss...so we do what we thought would be best...and tear EVERYTHING out. And after much tearing out, we finally spot the answer...carbon. Yup...carbon got itself loosened from the chambers, and would cause the piston to not make full travel.
SO, after a full gasket kit, head bolts, and ported lower intake, we got it all bolted back together the next day in a record 4.5 hours. And we were so close to starting it...but then when we tried...no fuel.
As in no fuel pump kicking on.
So, videos will come later when I figure out why it itsn't getting any go-juice.
Welcome, downwardly mobile yuppies, to the dawn of the Age of Nefarious.
1993 SSEi - FrankenJinx - dead and gone.
1994 SSE (136K strong) - 180* t-stat,HD alternator, most unequipped SSE on the club, XM radio, Kenwood CD/MP3.
2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx LTZ - Custom 2.25" manifold-back exhaust w/FM-80. Probably the only Maxx with this system.