Today I started a transmission swap.
Got started nice and early. Get the car up as high as we possibly could.
Need to support the engine from above.
Send Chris under to do the grunt work.
Yep, I've had to do that myself.
Working on the sub frame bolts
Disconnecting the lower control arms,
Getting ready to drop the sub frame, so I wanted to support the engine real good.
Some dripping going on.
After more then a hour of trying to get the drivers side axle out and failing. I used a ton of PB blaser, I heated the axle, I hit it with a hammer. I went out and bought a 5 ton puller and maxed it out, still nothing. Finally left it in the hub and pulled it from the trans instead. What a pain.
Had to remove the sway bar to get the bolts out of the steering rack.
Finally, the sub frame is down. 4 hours to get to this point. Broke 2 of the bolts.
Much more room to work.
Chris removing the right side diff to motor mount.
Come on, one last bolt, that'* all.
Ta da, it'* out. I so need to get a transmission jack.
Parts are piling up.
Taking parts off the old trans.
Chris cleaned up the sub frame.
Lots of room now.
Cleaning up the area.
Everything put away for the night.