What I hate about the 00:
- Seats suck hands down..no side boltsers, they are not very adjustable even with my memory seats which are the best you could get...the 00 seats are the best in the pontiac line hands down though, at least for the 2000 model year, they are only "bad" compared to the earlier bonnie seats or caddilac seats.
- Nagging electrical problems, such as windows, random other things that seem to fail often on others cars as well. My headlights sometimes dont turn off in bright daylight.
- Steering shaft, I have this problem...the steering shaft has lasted 150k+ though...but its starting to show signs..others have this fail within a year of buying the 00+!
What I hate about the 93:
- Its very loud in the cabin, all of them are, less sound deadner than the 00, even the 98/99 bonnevilles are loud inside compared to any of the 4 00
* I've driven.
- Handling in the 00'* seem slightly better compared to EVERY 92-99 I've driven.
- Stock stereos suck, even the bose ones they had in the later years
- Issues with CCR on the later models, Issues with transmissions on the earlier models, they seem to fail sooner overall compared to the 4t65e
- Lacking highway passnig power, even modded.
I dont have any water leaks on the 00 and no hood bubbling, nor have ever seen an 00 with hood bubbling personally, but have heard about leaks and bubbling.
You should be happy with any year of bonneville 92+ though, just all depends on how much money you want to spend. Your going to be happier in a bonnevile repair wise than 90% of the other cars you can get for the same price it seems.
I've driven at least 15 92-99s and 4 2000+ for reference btw.
Pats comments on the steering are accurate, the steering is more responsive on the 2000+ but what does that help you when you are sliding all over the seats?
I'm going to say get an SSEi and and SSEi only, maybe I'm just spoiled but I've been very happy with them...that extra power, sunroof, memory seats, etc etc is great. I'd rather have a high miles SSEi in worse shape than the same year or newer SE in better shape.
I have a 93 and an 00 both with high miles and they are still in great shape and most everything still works..that cant be said for most cars of the year/miles.