By and large, the Pontiac has been very good to me in the month I've had it so far. Put nearly 1800 miles on it, and I'm getting 22-24 mpg with mixed around-town/highway driving. After the "open-heart surgery" for the UIM it has run without flaw.
- L36 power isn't too bad- it has some testicular fortitude- probably helped by the fact it has the 3.06 final drive (Verified with RPO sticker and TechInfo)
- Incredible seats. No one can be uncomfortable in this car!
- Headlights are plenty strong, even with OEM bulbs. Thought I would need to upgrade... nope!
- Mechanically it doesn't feel like it'* coming up on 145K.
- In dire need of new rear shocks... floats like an old Caddy. Sometimes it'll try to get majorly sideways over bumpy turns. Looking at Sensatracs, apparently Monroe makes a set that works with the rear air suspension (it has the FE2 pkg). Looks easy enough to replace them.
- Rust hole in RR fenderwell. Nothing a fiberglass patch and some rubber undercoating can't take care of!
- Brake lines up front (the ones running near the transaxle to the ABS controller) rusted pretty bad. Treated to a coating of POR-15 this past weekend. They won't rust anymore.
- Water leak in passenger front floor. Could be any number of things based on my research here... As far as I can tell no leaks elsewhere.
- Noticed a very slight amount of soot on the bumper near the exhaust cutout. I'm not sure if this is normal- my car is a light color so things like this show up easily- so I pulled the spark plugs to see what was what. It has NGK TR55'* and they all looked fine. Light white-gray deposits all around so I assume the engine'* state of tune is OK. Seafoam is on my "to-do" list.
And that'* pretty much it for now, I haven't posted much but I've been learning a lot from simply poking around and reading. Great info to be had here!