Originally Posted by underdave
1) this wouldn't be the 3800 motor would it?
2) is the same tranny used in all '92+ bonnevilles?
3) assuming the car has 100,000+ miles, what should be done to the motor (and supercharger) to ensure that i won't have problems anytime soon?
4) are speed parts readily available for '92s?
1. SUPERCHARGED 3800. Standard on the SSEi.
2. 92-96 used the 4T60E, yours (as all SC models) is the heavy duty version of the same trans. 4T60E-HD
3. Full tuneup, flush the trans, check the SC coupler. No big deal, no common probs.
4. Depends on what you want. We do ok. You have almost the same motor in that car as you see in my sig. Minor differences only.