When I bought my car (bought it used with 14K miles), I must have spent hours looking over it meticulously... well just my luck wasn't long after I bought it that I realized that the rear defrost was damaged! Looks like someone took three passes at it with an ice scraper.
I went to Autozone and bought one of those patch it kits. Spent the last two hours repairing 10 or so spots in the gridlines. Probably another 40 or 50 to go
Well in any event I have patched it up enough that I get some continuity on at least some of the busted lines, I'm out there using my mutimeter to check it
No matter what I do I think that it is going to look terrible. I created my own templates using Avery laser labels which has helped a bunch (tried masking tape, didn't work too well, the template they included was "too wide" of a gridline and looked really bad). Been using a blowdryer too since it is cold out.
Anyway just thought I would share.