...already got maybe half of the problems fixed!
1) Steering column. Found it was easier to swap in a new one than it would be to rebuild what I had (turn siggy yoke busted). Column was out of a 95 SE I think...only difference was the new column did not have the provision for the wiper pulse that is tied into the headlamp washers. Which is fine because I am doing away with that system anyways.
2) Stereo. Got that Kenwood/Hyundai CD/MP3 installed and sounds pretty decent. Don got my stocker as he can use the amp section.
3) Rear turn sigs. After I got the new column in, found that the sockets were shot. Spliced new ones in, and all is good.
4) ELC. Found that the relay was shot, so I swapped the horn relay to it.
5) Blower motor. Not fixed, but did find that the blower motor controler was shot.
STILL have to fix the driver side seat (and now I lost half of my AL7 functions), get that carpet cleaned or replaced, and do the headliner. Oh yeah, and get the transmission done up
On the positive, the motor runs flawlessly. I took the car for a small spin to Autozone and the motor never fails to impress me on how it sounds and how much low end torque it has
Welcome, downwardly mobile yuppies, to the dawn of the Age of Nefarious.
1993 SSEi - FrankenJinx - dead and gone.
1994 SSE (136K strong) - 180* t-stat,HD alternator, most unequipped SSE on the club, XM radio, Kenwood CD/MP3.
2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx LTZ - Custom 2.25" manifold-back exhaust w/FM-80. Probably the only Maxx with this system.