1. warm up the car to operating temp (~200*)
2. put car up on ramps (have someone help you to make sure you dont drive off the front of them), shut off engine
3. unscrew drain plug, let oil drain into some container (be careful, as used oil is a carcinogen)
4. after it has slowed to a few drips, unscrew the oil filter with your hands and move your oil-catching container underneath the oil filter.
5. let oil drain from where filter was.
6. replace old filter with new filter and put drain plug back in.
7. make sure both are tight
8. refill with 4.5 quarts oil (oil fill cap in on front valve cover)
9. check oil level
10. make sure everything is back to where it was when you started, move the old oil out from underneath the car and back the car off the ramps.
NEVER RUN THE CAR WITHOUT OIL!!! THIS IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO RUIN YOUR ENGINE!!!
oil filter writeup:
I recommend against FRAM oil filters. If you wonder why, scroll down to the bottom of the oil filter writeup.