My front trans mount had a lot of play, and I could see that part of the rubber had pulled away from the metal. I've also been seeing a lot of odd KR. So I decided to upgrade the mount.
This mount right here.
Wasn't to hard, but it'* now out.
When under there, I noticed my drag radials, well, what was left of them. Changed over to my winter tires. I always wait till November for this, but considering what is left of my tires, and the way the weather has been, thought I better do it now.
So I drill a hole, dang, the bolt don't fit. Ahh, I have a 1/2" hardened bolt, and a 3/8 drill. Great, my 1/2" bit don't fit. And my wife is gone and my car is short one motor mount. So I had to walk to Menards, only about 3/4 miles, so no big deal.
Made the hole the correct size, cut off the extra and it'* ready to put back in.
Was a pain, but I got it back in.
No more movement on the engine now. I took it for a drive. So far the weird KR seems to be gone, but we will see. I thought I fixed it several times in the past only to have it show back up. I did a little WOT and chirped the tires when it shifted in to 2nd gear at 45.