Well that oil "leak" turned into a big mess. It was the oil filter adapter that was not sealing properly. So I spoke with Will on the phone and explained the situation. Basically the place where the adapter mounts to is the timing chain cover and it had a low spot ( from me cleaning the surface too well), So I took a file to it to smooth it out as much as possible.
It came out pretty good actually, but still had a bit of a variation. So as he suggested I went and got some good silicone http://www.permatex.com/auto/autouh....&item_no=51813
Seems to be good stuff.
Problem is that there is no curing time on it, so I let it sit there for about 3 hours and then decided to start it ( Will suggested a couple of hours).
Well I had enough time to start it ( not even one full crank to start it either) looked under it, see it was leaking like mad, turned it off. BUT there was enough oil that leaked onto the belt that it flung it all over the place and threw the belt off.
So I figured that silicone stuff is what the problem is, well as I start to remove it I seen that the side I put that silicone on was stuck good, but it was the other side that was not. I didn't put any silicone on that side since the gasket had an orange tracer of silicone on it already.
My only options were to try again with the other gasket I got but this time put it on both sides, and let it sit over night, OR take my timing chain cover off and put my old one on. Well I need to get that harmonic balancer off before I can take the timing chain cover off, so I spoke with a friend of mine that is a mechanic and he said to try putting that silicone on both side before going through the timing chain cover R&R.
So I cleaned it all up again and tried the silicone on both sides and letting it sit till tomorrow afternoon.
If not I will attempt to get the harmonic balancer off, if not then it will have to go to the garage to get fixed.
So close yet so damn far.