Don was gracious enough to loan me his scantool so I could get some good hard numbers on what exactly is going on with the car now. First, allow me to recap my findings prior to my move (March timeframe):
20* KR...about the maximum retard I think. Aside from the L27 core, nothing else was changed.
So I move into the house, and Jinx moves into the garage. First to go is the cat, replaced with a magnaflow unit. Then, of course, the transmission. So for a while before the transmission, and just shortly after, I was chasing down a good solid reason why I was running pig rich. My spark plugs (Autolite 605s) looked good with the exception of a reddish hue...Don and myself can't figure that one out. Anyway, I go to A606s, and I find out #5 spark plug wire was just chillin'...as in not properly crimped. So THAT got fixed today too. As well as insulating my rice pipe and permanently installing the IAT in the tube.
On to more testing...we first verified all the gears in the transmission was working, as well as TCC. All good on that front, so on to other important numbers. After fixing my plugs and wire issues, my rich problems went away
But the best numbers of them all....my 20* of KR went down to 5*...and that is only during shift.
So far, so good
Welcome, downwardly mobile yuppies, to the dawn of the Age of Nefarious.
1993 SSEi - FrankenJinx - dead and gone.
1994 SSE (136K strong) - 180* t-stat,HD alternator, most unequipped SSE on the club, XM radio, Kenwood CD/MP3.
2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx LTZ - Custom 2.25" manifold-back exhaust w/FM-80. Probably the only Maxx with this system.