I finally bought a scangauge
this week, and I am extremely happy with it.
What I am not happy with is my knock retard. I'll try to make this as simple as possible...
1. I get large bursts of KR (up to 83 at one point) that quickly fall back down to normal.
2. When just cruising I have 0 KR.
3. The bursts happen during moderate acceleration, with the throttle (more than) >10% open.
4. This happens in all gears, and only when the engine is warmed up (as far as I can tell).
5. I tried heavy acceleration (throttle >20% open) from ~5mph to 60mph, and got no KR until the car reached 4th gear, and then it went away once I let off the throttle.
I don't know much about KR, so could anyone help me understand it better? I have searched the forums and read this
, but it doesn't really tell much about how to prevent/ reduce KR.