Oh what a day. Lets back track a little shall we? When I bought the car, all the windows worked perfect, I know this for a fact. Then on Thursday I was going to try to align the door
by hanging it from straps connected to my ceiling. In the process of rolling the window down to get the strap around the frame, the motor died
I was not able to get the window down enough to get the strap in. Shlt!
Then I had this magnificent idea to use one of the 4 spare window motors for my 00! To bad they use completely different splines...ugh
But wait... they share the same case, why cant I just switch over the guts from the 00 case to the 95 case...
In the process of doing this, I assembled it incorrectly, causing the internal splines to wear off (plastic) causing a dead spot in the window lift. DOH!
I purchased a new window motor today from the yard for fricken $25 (not happy about that) and went to install it. The yard gave me a right side when I asked for a left side! UGH!!!!! At this point I just want to quit working on the damn window, so I start working on the door cladding that I just bought those $3.84 EACH clips for. I had problems of course, read about it here
. So I ended up having to go to the junk yard again and get the entire door this time, except he only charged me $50 for it, AND it came with a new motor. I'm thinking great, I can return the other motor and offset the cost. I install the new door, really easy actually, I didn't even use the straps. I just set the latch into the latch and lined up the bolt holes. The latch held the door while I put the nuts on, and then a simple adjustment was all it needed. I needed to get the cars original wiring into the donor door, so I had to pull off the donor door panel (which was in mint condition) to access the wires.
I swapped all the wires and connected the window motor. I tried to lower the window.
You guessed it, dead
But this time, I had a good 95 case to put my guts from the 00 in, and I knew how to do it correctly this time
Alas, it worked! I put everything back together, and then installed the door cladding on the door, which was its original door cladding that I had got from the yard!
It looks beautiful, and it works 100%
I then moved on to the passengers side front door handle, which all the paint had come off for some reason
the swap was pretty easy after watching the junk yard guy take off the new one