Was a nice day today, so I got started on the hood project v2.0 That'* right, I'm correcting some problems on last years job. I got a bad tube of epoxy adhesive. What a pain it was cleaning that up. Guess I didn't get it all. One part pulled loose, and other parts shrunk causing a uneven surface.
First things first, I had to dig the hood out. So out with the Vette.
So much more room in here now.
Here it is. Looks a little rough.
Here'* the part that pulled loose.
You can see how uneven it turned out after the hot summer sun.
More bumpy disappointment.
Off with the paint. Only taking off the wax, clear, and part of the paint. Not going down to metal this time.
Picked up all my paint, so I'm set there.
Hmm, wonder if this will work on my head.
All stripped now.
Now you can really see where it pulled away.
Talked to the guy at the auto paint shop. He said always use 2 forms of attachment on hood scoops. So I'm adding rivets along with the body panel adhesive.
Started here. Was not happy with this.
making sure it'* not going to move this time.
Then I did the sides.
Tossed on some bondo hair.
Ran out, so I'll pick up another can tomorrow.