Did you guys figure it out yet? It is a little cryptic, but the best way to learn is first take enmityst example, and see how the numbers translate, then you can get your own .DS file that matches your car, and modify it. Here is step by step on how to modify the def file.
1) open file '95 Bonneville SE - M1M0.ald
2) Click on Aldl on top bar and go to "Edit Aldl definitions"
3) You should now have a window showing definitions on the current file you opened in step 1.
4) to change a value, highlight line you want, and click on "Edit" button (the second one down from the top, that is above the Delete button).
5) now you have a window where you can change the values.
6) Once done with edits, save your new definition file.
I hope this helps.