Brittany noticed my engine moved back and forth a little too much when we were all revving our engines at JJ'* Cruise Saturday Oct 9th. Nick and I took a closer look and confirmed my suspicion of the front motor mount being shot. So today I decided to fix that. Cheaped out and used the hockey puck method.
List of parts
Hockey pucks: $1.99 each (MC Sports)
Grade 8 1/2"x6" bolt: $3.18 (Lowes with employee discount)
Grade 8 lock washers: $0.94 (Lowes with employee discount)
Grade 8 hex nuts: $0.94 (Lowes with employee discount)
Made a template of the center point and used the sharp end of a compass to mark it on the puck
Just a bit messy.
I'll post a pic of it in the car tomorrow if I remember. Too dark to see inside the engine compartment right now and I forgot to take a pic before I pulled out of the garage. I must say that I love the fact I no longer have harsh shifts and now have instant response from the motor again.