So I finally decided to scrap the 3.8. Trent volunteered to help with the big swap. Here'* the donor engine.
So we got to work removing the old engine...
lol, here'* what really happened.
Trent got to work on the braided fuel lines, pulling the SC and IC core.
The gasket was in pretty bad shape, looks like coolant was probably soaking into it from the coolant passages. Trent sealed that up pretty good when he reassembled it.
Meanwhile, I started on the shift kit. Luckily the shop had a few large oil pans laying around.
I also decided to redo the intercooler lines again. (Here'* the pictures I promised Bill)
This is where the pump was mounted.
Here is how I reworked it all. The lines now run straight across instead of going to an elbow after the pulleys, also put on this reservoir kit, I'm very happy with it so far.
Moved the location of the pump, also implemented my own little flow detection kit that I pieced together after a long day of research. Got a 1" PVC elbow from Dwyer instruments, it has a switch that when the flow reaches 2.5 GPM will complete a circuit. Attached it to the hose with 2 barb adapters. I plan on attaching an LED to it so that the LED will turn on with flow, and turn off if there is no flow. It was getting a little late so I decided the inside work could wait, although I did get the wires inside for it.
Told you it was late! We weren't quite done yet either. (That is AM, not PM)
Here'* Trent'* work on the fuel lines. Turned out great.
After everything was done we went out for a test run. Did a few WOT pulls, had a few misfires on 3. The next day I checked all the wires and ended up re-gapping the plug for 3, it was .02 off. Did another WOT pull and got misfires on 2-4. I'm going to check the gap on the rest of the plugs, but I'm sure the stock manifold and lack of tune aren't helping. Also sounds like I'm getting bad belt slip on a WOT 3-4 shift, and then at high speeds (much greater than highway speed). Headers and an 8 rib kit are in the near future.