I think it would be great if the tech info was moved from their current place into a new forum... It would make the searching process easier.
For instance, right now, if I want to find info on what oxygen sensor I need, I can go to tech info, type in o2, and get zero returns. If I type in Oxygen, I get...
1. 1992 Vin # L PCM Diagnostic Codes Codes for the 1992 Vin L bonnevilles.. SE & SSE.. Non Supercharged
2. 1992 Vin # 1 supercharged 3800 ECM Codes ECM Codes for the 1992 Bonneville Vin # 1 3800 supercharged SSE and SSEi
3. Car/internet Jargon dictionary A list of commonly used terms in cars and internet talk, and their meanings. (submitted by many, edited by few)
4. 1988-1991 Vin # C ECM code definitions These are the ECM trouble codes for the 1988 to 1991 3800 Vin # C Bonnevilles...
5. 1987-1993 ECM Code Retrieval Procedure for reading ECM codes for 87-93 (DeathRat)edited by willwren
6. Air density/boost levels
none of which are what I'm looking for - the listing of part numbers for different years of oxygen sensors. by moving tech info to phpbb, I would have the ability to search through the content of the post, and find this...
plus, it would increase the chances that those people who actually search before they post will find the appropriate tech info information.
of course, this would be a forum that only mods (or admins, or whatever) could post in, so that we can't gunk up all of the posts with our arguing, questions, etc.