Switching gears back to Harofreak'* Gen3 M90:
I've already roughed in the inlet to fix the Eaton goof pictured here.
And now fixed (good thing he sent his throttle body so I could center the bore for the natural flow).
So I set to work on roughing in his outlet. This is what it looked like an hour ago:
I set out to remove some of the material where the two 'lumps' are for the nosedrive/rotor plate bolts. The GenV already has these cut out, and they restrict outlet flow on the Gen3. But the GenV has a good 5/8" of thread bearing thickness available. If the Gen3 is removed entirely, there would barely be 1/2". I'm doing this on the safe side, and began the cuts:
Unfortunately, the Black & Decker rotary tool (had to try it for the price) that I've had for 6 months decided to smoke itself part way through. I didn't catch the worst of it, but it smoked for over a minute after unplugging it.
Enjoy the video while Bo and I take the SLEeper out to get a replacement: