Originally Posted by brnvs
Those pics are a great help. 3 questions:
1. Any differences at all between doing the job on a 1993 vs. 1994?
2. Did anyone write up a complete walkthrough, ie explaining HOW to take the fuel rail off and such? (I've heard you need to pull a chip to shut off the fuel pump to remove fuel from the lines?)
3. Part numbers which need replacing with */C reinstall?
Thanks. Removing the entier */C SOUNDS like alot more work, but i've already learned to trust those who have gone before me in this regard!
1) I believe that everything from 1992 - 1995 are almost identical. If there are any differences they will be so minor there shold be no issues.
2) Buy a service manual. They explain exactly how to do all the individual parts. They are around $15 at most any auto parts store.
3) I'm sure Willwren or someone else can get those for you. Otherwise I think there was a "shopping list" in that thread. Just take that info to your local GM dealer and they can look it all up for you.
and for removeing the SC, this was one of my first major undertakings on mine. I found it to be easier than expected (not to say it is an easy job). As long as you focus on small pieces, you probably won't have any real trouble doing this. If you do, we're here to help.