Doing the coupler next week... questions
I'm finally going to replace my coupler next week. I'm gonna try to order the parts tomarrow. I went through the shopping list, so i'm going to go to my dealer to get the gaskets and such if auto-zone doesn't have them. Is there any reason why i would need the gasket to the thermostat? Also i found a lot of good pictures, and helpful stuff, but does anybody have a full writeup of how to do it. This is an M62 by the way.
Ya'll tell me if i'm missing a step here.
1. reieve fuel pressure
2. take of fuel rail (i don't really know how to do this one)
3. remove all the vacume hoses ect.
4. unbold and remove supercharger.
5. remove fluid, crack it open (no prying)
6. replace old coupler with new. (seal nosecone), new fluid
7. Replace gaskets and such on the shopping list.
8. put supercharger back on.
9. bolt it all back up.
10. replace fuel rail, vacumehoses, ect
Ok here are a few questions i have.
1. How do i bleed the air out of the fuel lines when i'm done
2. as i mentioned earlier, taking off the fuel rail
3. what kind of sealant for the nosecone?
4. Anything i missed or did wrong?
5. What to clean injectors, and other stuff with.
Thanks in advance. You guys rock!!!
1995 SSEi 140,000 (mom'* now)
05 Altima SE 5 speed.