I recently had a starter problem. A friend got another starter from the scrapyard and replaced the one that didnt work. My wife brought the car home and it worked fine until the next day i went to start it and it just went CLICK....I went and boosted it because i thought it might be the battery, and was fortunate enough to start. Then I tried to start it about 2 hrs later and nothing but a click. I went and bought a new battery for it, thinking it was the battery, because I already changed the starter. Still just a click from the starter when i tried to start it. Tried tapping on the starter with a hammer and still nothing.
Its a 1999 bonneville SLE 3.8L.
Can i take the starter out and try to make it turn over just with booster cables and a battery?
Is there any other fuseable link anywhere that might have blown?
HELP IS NEEDED AND APPRECIATED.