Hi guys and girls,
My "New2me" 93 Bonneville ran fine for the two days I have had her so far.
Sunday, I detailed the engine bay ( phase 1)
"Greased Lightning " (tm) degreaser & water rinse.
Looks great so far. I started her while she was still wet,
and she lit up without problems, on the first revolution of the crank, as usual.
I let her run at idle, for approx 10 mins to fully dry out while I
cleaned the windows.then shut her off.
Then I went in the house, and about five hours later, realized
I must have left the keys in the car.
A check indicated that I did..... ...........
with the ign in the "ON" position.
But with no lights, no accessories, no radio /tape player, left on.
I tried then to start her to check condition, and battery seemed.........
I left it overnight, and brought out the 12V booster battery, freshly charged.
Hooked it (Neg) to the front engine lift point, and (Pos) to the + on the battery,
after wire brushing the connection points.
She cranked over with what sounded
like some sort of one second on-off switching
to the starter power circuit and the usual, (I guess....) beeping alarm sounds for low voltage
Left her, went to work, and tried again when I got home. No soap!
Still would not start.
Question is anyone have a similar problem they've solved?
Owners manual is of no help...
This is my daily driver now. and it'* a 4 mile walk to the train to get to work.
I'm not familiar with all this new computer controlled equipment, and hope I haven't ruined some electronic gizmo.....