As I prepare for my Fall/Spring Mod, which includes some engine detailing; I decided to get the valve covers done.
I ordered some new valves covers. They came all black:
I cut the wire loom tabs off with a Dremel Tool:
I used some glazing putty to smooth out where the wire loom tas were removed:
I masked off for the first coar and ruffed the finish up with a Scotch Brite pad:
Bottom coat of Hammered Black gloss is down. I allowed 72 hours drying time:
Masked off and cleaned with MEK where I will be applying Silver:
Silver color applied. I waited 24 hours for this to dry.
Masked up for the Red that will fill in the groved.
I will be using the Hammered Black Gloss, Red and Chrome throughout the engine bay.