I think I know what you're saying about inverting the bolts, but unfortunately I can't because of clearance issues with the headlight bucket.
Honestly though they aren't even really that visible once on the truck!
Well this is 99% done. Unfortunately the 1% is keeping it from lighting up! Turns out my ballasts are crap. I got in contact with Matt at The Retrofit Source and he rushed a new set of quality ballasts my way. Really got to give those guys props.
But other than not lighting up (lol) this retrofit is DONE!
These 6mm bolts are needed to attach the headlight bucket onto the truck. I got some extended bolts (6mm x 50mm) so I could bring the assembly out a bit for spacing. 50mm was a bit unnecessary though, I think I could have gotten away with 30 or 40mm.
First, it'* time to modify the buckets...
As it turns out, it'* only necessary to cut the 'wings' off of them for the projector to fit.
Projector in snugly.
Time to figure out how much I need to space the headlamp assembly away from the truck. For me, the magic number of washers for all mounting bolts was 10.
All mounted up...
Next it'* time to seal these up...
I used aluminum tape wrapped in several layers to seal the holes around the back. Works great.
3M window weld works great to seal the lenses up front.
A thin line of it all around is all that is necessary...
All sealed up.
I found out much to my happiness that I didn't have to modify the grille at all even with the headlights extended outward. So, I just went ahead and put the grille back on and snapped some finished shots!
The lights don't stick out far at all...
Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier, they don't light up. At least not reliably, so no output shots yet. When one did fire up though the output looked great.
More Friday or Saturday when the ballasts arrive, or maybe some more shots of the truck outside of my driveway...