Big updates today.
Housings arrived. Not much to say on those other than they are just the generic ebay 4x6 clear housings. These were not the 'projector' versions.
I could not, no matter how much heat I applied, get the glass lenses to come off. I ended up cracking one of the glass lenses (though the housing itself was okay) trying to get it off. Eventually, I just cut the glass off. Here'* what I did:
It'* hard to see, but I cut around the outside until I had just barely reached the bottom of the glass. By then, I was able to easily stick my gasket scraper in and scrape the lens off. Unfortunately it was too late to save the glass, but I'll know what to do for the next one. I ended up ordering another set so I could replace the glass. Make sure you wear a dust mask when cutting the housings.
But, here it is with the glass off.
Next, it'* time to cut the back of the housing to fit the projector. I ended up realizing that the projector was just too huge to do anything but cut out a hole exactly it'* size.
Just resting in there:
Next it'* time to fab up some mounting brackets. I just used some 90 degree brackets that I believe are cabinet hardware, and it worked perfectly.
Drilled holes then bolted in:
Checked the alignment, and everything seems fine including rotation.
Next it'* time to cut the shroud to fit.
Unfortunately because of the incredibly tight space I have to work with in here I could not get the shroud to hide the mounting bolts. Oh well. It hides the rest of the hardware well.
That makes one side 98% done. All I have to do is seal up the rear, which I will do with lots of 3M aluminum foil tape.
Now I need to do the other side and begin modifying my truck to fit these housings. More later.