I went all the way up to ataching both pieces together. Afther this I have to add some fiberglass or bondo to it & then smoth it out. Im still not shure on what material to use. I will be going to my friends shop tomorow to get more info on the correct material to do the job, so for now here is what I did.
First step is to find the exact location. I picked the spot where it would affect my visibility the least. Another thing to take into consideration is the dash (it looks bad if it touches the dash, I think). Notice that I marked the spot with a sharpy.
Next thing I did was to heat the black piece & press it against the other to mold it better. (this things distort real fast so be careful)
Cut the excess material out. ( the better it fits the less bondo to add & less sanding to do)
I used the same piece I trimed out to mark the spot where the gauges go.
This is a good time to check for placement againg, I went back to the car to check that every thing was how I wanted it, before I cut the other piece.
This is what youll get after cutting both pieces.
Some more triming had to be done to get the best fitment. & then I was ready for the epoxy.
I taped both parts together to hold them in place & so that the epoxy would stay where I wanted it.
This is the epoxy I used. Not cheap, but there is nothing like it.
applied the epoxy from the back. making shure its thick everywhere.
& here is the result. It looks so good like this that it could almost be painted & used without more work.