Hope you gots an FSM! I have several ideas on this....
1) Find a dash from a junkyard.
2) Strip all the gauge needles off the face and paint your color of choice. Mask off all the i-did-it lights though.
3) Leave the gauge guts in there though to keep the computer happy...maybe...not sure if the computer will throw codes because of no gauges.
4) Order all your digital stuff. When you get the gauges in, strip the digital workings from them, and graft those to the painted dash.
5) VHT the inside of your dash plastic to give it that smoked-out look...when you turn on the car, your gauges would still show through.
Oh, wait...this is YOUR project.....now I got that mod bug again....damn you! What color would you get...I think they have choice of red or blue...
Welcome, downwardly mobile yuppies, to the dawn of the Age of Nefarious.
1993 SSEi - FrankenJinx - dead and gone.
1994 SSE (136K strong) - 180* t-stat,HD alternator, most unequipped SSE on the club, XM radio, Kenwood CD/MP3.
2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx LTZ - Custom 2.25" manifold-back exhaust w/FM-80. Probably the only Maxx with this system.