So today was eventful. Woke up at 8AM, left a while later, got my exhaust fixed.. magnaflow resonator installed, old rusted stock one pulled (mag one has been sitting in my garage for years, brother had it but took it off, didn't like how it quieted the car down too much), came home.. had lunch, and got to work.
They were originally black from the factory, but were rusting.
^ pic from right after i got the car.
Here'* how I did them after a month or two of owning the car (august?07) but the pic was taken in March this year.
Here'* the braces tonight.. I stripped the paint (what i could get off with zip strip) , sanded the metal down nice, and primered (three layers per bar) and painted gloss black (three layers per bar) .. My mom and stepdad both could not believe this was a spraypaint can job. This looks professionally done almost.
^ reflecting the picture of my monitor.. it isn't perfect but for $20 for all the **** to do it, I can't complain.
Doing the dogbone mounts tomorrow probably.. or some other time. I repainted these because when I went to install my ghetto CAI the other night, I couldn't unbolt the right side diagonal brace.. paint was chipped off under the bolt and the bolt had rusted to the bar itself and I couldn't twist it off, so I had the guy at the exhaust shop take an impact wrench to them.. loosened em right up after soaking in PB blast for a few minutes. Putting vaseline between the washer on the bolt and the paint on the bars to help keep water out of there. I'll put some in every few months.
I'm curious to see how these will look.