2) Clay bar - this removes deposits and impurities that washing cannot.
3a) Paint Fixing - not usually needed, but various compounds to remove most cuts in the paint
3) Polish - To remove fine scratches you cannot feel but can see, "spider webs" etc
4) Glazing - To fill in scratches you cannot polish out I've never really done this.
5) Sealant or Wax, Or Sealant + wax ontop of it.
If you clay bar and polish your car you'll have cleaned up the scratches and junk out of your paint. Then it'* time to to wax to help protect it
'06 Vee Dub GTI 2 door Tornado Red
- 2.0 Turbocharged, Intercooled, Direct Injected, 6 Speed DSG, Underbody Aero, 17" Classix
- Moonroof, Bi-Xenon headlamps, Interlagos Plaid Sport Seats, 6 Disc In-dash, iPod integration, GTI Monster Mats (winter)
'93 Bonneville SE Purple Pearl H4U package - picked up June 23, 2003, Traded-in June 28, 2007...