At the risk of being castigated here, I'll speak up to say that I've been fine so far since using just the spray-on 1500* paint from Advance on my PEMs. But here are the caveats before I get scorched (pun intended) with replies:
- I painted mine in October 2006, so there'* still limited feedback time.
- I had very clean sandblasted PEMs to start with.
- I only used one regular coat and did not try to create a thick coating at all.
- I did not bake mine on at all. Just sprayed on, dried for 30 minutes and popped on the car.
- I was not after anything other than a temporary cosmetic coating. Anything looks better than the red ruster. And hoped for maybe more than a tempoary coating.
- Mine is only an SE and will likely never see the heat levels that most of the SSEi'* have.
But, all that having been said, they look as good today as they did when coated. No peeling, fading, or burn off noted yet.
Of course I don't even pretend that this is in the same league as the coating pictured above, because it'* not. It'* purely cosmetic.
Mike: 1997 SE w/ 183K, aka White Horse
, Gutted Airbox w/K&N, drilled 180* t-stat, tint all around, clear corners w/SilverStars, "PONTIAC" light up tail, PEMs, NGK TR55s