Well first of all, I am going to have to say that I should have looked on here before i did any work to the tails. I am a college student living in an apartment and yes that is where i did all my work. Dremel tool and all. I sort of rushed the process, which i dont recommend. Although they came out alright, I F*** up the trunk piece when i was trying to remove the the orange and red pieces. I forgot to cut out the tabs to make it an easy removal and i wound up stretching the plastic which created an awfull look. So i will do this piece over when i get to the local junk yard. I have some pics to explain though. I will have to say, for me that the hardest part of the whole process was getting the plastic pieces back together. I finally just used a whole lot of silicone to fill in the holes. But untill a week goes by, Im going to be alittle iffy on my glueing process. i did buy some LEDs which i am very impressed with, the cost is about 16.99 a pair. So be ready to spend that if your about to clear your tails. I hope to get everything fixed by next week, so i will post those pics as well.
The LEDs Look real good when your at the certain angle.
You can see the middle piece that i was talking about, looks as though there are air pockets. But this was a foolish mistake on my part and it will be replaced.
Here is a pic of the front cleared.
If i had to do it over again, yeah i would do it. It makes for a great look, it was alittle hassle but when i get that trunk piece done. I will be pleased.
Jan. '07 COTM,183,000 + miles,BL Overlay,Cleared Fronts,GXP Tails ,18" GXP'*, Aeroforce gauge, FWI, 6x9 infiniti 9603i 3way rear speakers, Alpine SPR-17S door speakers,JVC deck ,GXP gauges,SSEI floor mats, Black SLE overlays,Reverse LEDs, 180 T-stat drilled, 12" L5 Sub, 760w Sony amp, 8500K BLUE XENON Lights(fronts/fogs), Painted Silver Grill, AC Delco Plugs, Bosch Wires, GXP Rocker Moldings