I just switched out my foglights, and halfway through the process I figured I might post here about it. I took some pictures!
This stock foglight was bad, but the other one was all right.
I don't appreciate the stock mounting method. Two plastic pushpins hold the foglight, and there'* a screw on the back for adjustment. I like to do it the easy way: Use screws so for each adjustment you need to take out the light to move it. Hooray for Wal Mart.
Here are some of the parts:
These are the $20 fog lights I bought from Wal Mart:
These are their mounting brackets:
The "Burners" seem to fit...
Actually, they don't. The tabs from the stock mounting bracket interfere with the lights.
This is where I stopped taking pictures and "fixed the problem." Now come pictures of the lights mounted.
This last picture I took is of the lights perfectly aligned, or so it seems, but the angle of the camera makes it seem awry.
That'* my morning. I spent some time looking around for a better way to connect the lights, but I had to stick with splicing the stock wires into the foglights' wires. I'll get pictures of this soon, but I am too lazy to do that now. I feel like i've done enough, having had to find another way to mount the lights and all. They're good, though.
Let me know what you think.