How to replace starter on 2000 Chevy Venture
How to replace a starter in a 2000 Chevy Venture with a 3.4L engine (only engine for this vehicle).
Doing a quick writeup as I searched on the web and could not find anything. No pictures with this writeup, but non are needed to do the job. This is not a hard job, but you will need some muscle to loosen the starter bolts.
8,10,13,15 mm sockets and associated extensions and ratchets.
5/16 wrench (to disconnect negative batter cable)
PB Blaster (my be needed for where wires connect to starter)
1. Disconnect negative battery terminal from battery
2. Place wheel chocks under rear tires
3. Engage emergency brake
4. Jack up front driver side of car
5. Place jack stand for safety
6. Remove two plastic casings surrounding starter (10 mm, very easy)
7. Remove starter bolts, qty 2, (15mm)
8. Remove wires to starter (13 mm and 8mm)
9. Remove starter
10. Connect wires on new starter
11. Install starter bolts
12. Install plastic starter casings
13. Remove jack stand
14. Remove floor jack
15. Connect negative battery cable
16. Test starter
17. Remove wheel chocks
2001 Bonneville SSEi, 219,000 miles.
Whats in my driveway:
1998 Chevy S10 4x4 ZR2, 1999 Olds Bravada, 2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi, 2007 Ford F-350 regular cab 2WD, 2008 BMW 335i coupe (Wife'* replacement for her Bonneville). The Bonneville is my favorite of all the cars in the driveway.