Valid point on the painted parts. The front side of the condenser was painted and it did take some of it off. It would only contact other parts on the way down however, and I suspect shouldn't be in contact with other parts long enough to cause a problem, as long as you are relentless with the rinsing. I also take comfort in the area that I live in. Rust is not an issue.
I also agree with the warnings above. This is some SERIOUS stuff, and not to be taken lightly. As I said, even in a well ventilated area (outside in open air, with the wind blowing fumes away) the fumes were overpowering. I plan to keep using this stuff, but I don't know that I would trust others to use it. I would put it in the same category as messing with refrigerant. If you don't know exactly what you are doing, than avoid it. From here on, however, I think other chemicals may be the first choice, but this would be the 'nuke it' option.
Last edited by rjolly87; 06-22-2014 at 12:03 PM.