It'* not difficult to do. Heck, I could do it in my sleep.
1. Remove all electrical connectors
2. You will see a metal arm that goes from the lower intake manifold to the TB. 10mm bolt I believe. Remove the bolt from the throttle body.
3. Disconnect the cruise control cable from throttle linkage. Just push it in the opposite direct than what it pulls from. It just snaps onto a post. Remove cable from TB bracket.
4. Remove throttle cable from TB bracket and loop the cable up around past the cable catch on the linkage and gently work out the stub from the linkage.
5. Remove the (3) 10mm nuts from the TB housing securing it to the UIM.
6. Remove TB.
Editors note: No one seems to know why that arm is installed from the LIM to the TB, most people simply remove it to simplify future installation and removal of the TB. I have on both of my cars with no ill effect.
1997 Pontiac Bonneville SEi-SCRAPYARD
2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4X4 4.3L
2002 Chevrolet *-10 LS Ext Cab 4X4 5.7 V8